Re: Lost Wagon Train - Help Wanted

>Weaver might be done for the season but Karen and ROCKY
>aren't!  :)  Geez, while some of us are lucky to have ONE
>good sound endurance horse, Karen is lucky enough to not
>only have two, but also have the time and friends to keep
>two in shape and going.
>
>Go Karen!!!
>
>:)  - Kat Myers

Uh-oh....I was thinking of taking Weaver to Heidi's ride <she says ducking>
 ;=0

Besides, who said he was done for the season - we just met our goal, it
doesn't mean we can't keep goin'!  ;^)  (I'm just reniging a little early
on his vacation is all--gosh, it's not like I lied to the grand jury or
anything)

Don't any of you think I'm going to ride my horse into the ground (he
wouldn't let that happen, trust me!)....this Saturday when the vet is out
to do our health certificates for the Oregon trip I'll make sure the horse
passes a complete check-over - Rocky will still get to be Plan B if there
is something not quite 100%.  But if it is - we've done so well this far
why not see if we can do a few
more miles this season.....the horse really does love it!!! (and Susan G -
he is still at least a 5 or 5.5 body condition)

>I rode with her for *hours*... d'you think it's catching?
>D'you think if I bathed a lot, I'd be OK? Will Technu work
>on this? Will my horse be infected?

As for you Lucy - you already have "it" - whatever this addiction to riding
long distances is.  Trust me, you have it already.  Anybody that brings
their own bed blanket for their horse.....

>...She was trying to lure me to Death Valley... and then,
>just yesterday, she was trying to get me to go back up
>to NV in November for a ride.

Awwwwww come on - it's not that cold - you can do it.  You won't believe
how much better you'll feel on the second day.  ;^)  Really!!  I'll bring a
few extra Orudus for ya...warm blankets for the horse...hot water for your
coffee....what's your excuse now?  Anybody else wanna come?

Now you guys stop picking on me.

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville
& Weaver...1030 AERC miles so far (98)....what's one more ride?
& Rocky...will move up to Plan A status in 99!!!  (and 425 miles this year)