Re: editorial

Dear Lynge,

I am very sorry for your loss.

I am not debating the issue.  I just know that, human nature being what it
is, many people are liable to jump on an emotional bandwagon without
considering all the ramifications.  I know that this is an extremely
emotional and difficult issue to have to look at the business end of it,
and the hard realistic practicality of quality lives for old, sick,
dangerous, etc.. horses.  I am simply trying to urge people to understand
the issues, so they can make an informed decision.

Becky Huffman, Texas

----------
> From: LSimoni197@aol.com
> To: hhcc1@htcomp.net; ridecamp@endurance.net
> At present, anyone who wishes to, may have a vet put their horse down.
<snip>
> Other people are entitled to deal with their own horse in their own
manner.
> <snip>
> Humane treatment of all animals going to slaughter is what we should
> legislate.  A horse is and should remain livestock as a cow or sheep.
 <snip>