Re: editorial

At present, anyone who wishes to, may have a vet put their horse down.  I did
so last week.  Costs $100.00 for the vet. and $75.00 for the tallow company to
remove the horse.  That is my choice because of an emotional attachment to an
old horse who served me well for over 20 years.

Other people are entitled to deal with their own horse in their own manner.

It is like religion, it should be the individuals choice.  I am happy to live
in America where religious beliefs, or emotional attachments to horses are not
legislated for me.

Humane treatment of all animals going to slaughter is what we should
legislate.  A horse is and should remain livestock as a cow or sheep.  If you
loved your goat, you would want to have the vet put it down also, and that is
your right.

Some dogs sleep on their masters bed because the bond is so close.  I do not
believe that there should be a movement to legislate that all dogs should
sleep on the bed of their master because I love my dogs enough to share my bed
with them.  (OK, I gave that up when I got Irish Wolfhounds, we could not all
fit on the bed together.)

Lynge Simoni
Santa Clara