Check it Out!
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index] [Subject Index]

Coggins/health certifs

I'll pass along some valuable info that someone here provided me with last
year, thankfully, as I've never heard of this from anyone anywhere else:

Alabama, Georgia and Florida have a cooperative agreement whereby your vet
can use your current Coggins results to apply for an Equine Event Permit
which is good for 6 months, and precludes the need for a 30-day health
certificate every time you cross the state line.  It's very useful,
greatly reducing the hassle of getting ready for rides. :))  In AL, the
permit is issued by the Secretary of State, and my vet charges me $5 for
handling the paperwork.

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310
SE Region

    Check it Out!    

Home Events Groups Rider Directory Market RideCamp Stuff

Back to TOC