PreConference Seminar

Ramey Peticolas-Stroud (ramey@wvi.com)
Mon, 03 Nov 1997 20:26:40 -0700

Dear Lynn,

As far as I am concerned the preconference seminar is cancelled. Do
what you will. It's too bad petty politics got in the way of rider
education. I'll explain.

Prior to putting the idea together I discussed the concept with the
Conference Agenda Manager, Courtney Hart. After he approved the concept
I discussed it with KER and received a favorable response. They are
very supportive of our sport and absolutely assured me there would be no
marketing aspect to their participation.

I then coordinated with our Executive Director to assure the seminar in
no way conflicted with our conference. So please do not imply this was
an outlaw operation. I too want our conference to be a great success
and was told it would draw folks in early and provide additional
incentive to participate (read more $ for AERC).

Seems as though some folks got their backs up because we put together a
dynamite program they couldn't match. Certain egos are apparently more
important than optimum service to our riders. Too bad. I'm going
riding.

Ramey