ridecamp@endurance.net: aerc dues and horse fees

aerc dues and horse fees

Teresa Van Hove (vanhove@unavco.ucar.edu)
Tue, 7 Oct 1997 14:05:52 +0700

Hi,

For me personally the AERC dues are a great bargain. I've entered 8 rides
so far this season, so I've come out ahead even w/o considering the E/N,
yearbook, and lifetime mileage tracking (most important to me as I hope
to ride Grey Moun over the years to some of those great milestones.) A
one-time $10.00 fee to register each horse also seems like a bargain to
me. With my current riding goals I'm going for life-time miles. I'm very
unlikely to set any records, or win any races, but if I stay enthused about
endurance I will be looking to share 3000 miles with each horse I compete.

But I do feel for people who want to belong to AERC, but are only going
to a few rides. How hard would it be to have a limited membership option
costing say $30.00, which would not allow discounts at rides? AERC would
get 10.00 per ride to cover the mileage/point tracking.

Good ride managers are a treasure in my book and I would support giving
a discount on membership dues to anyone who had managed a ride in the
previous year.

Teresa Van Hove

------------------snip------------------------------------------
From: kmacki@uplogon.com (Kathy Macki)
To: <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Subject: re: aerc dues and horse fees

Hi,
I think that $10. to keep track of a horse's mileage for the life of that
horse is very reasonable. I don't think that $65. for a single membership
is. I only join the AERC because I manage a ride and cannot unless I am a
member. I don't ride endurance and haven't even done a competitive ride
for a number of years. Why can a vet join for $15. a year and someone who
only manages a ride has to pay full dues. I like to support groups like
UMECRA, GLDRA and AERC, but it gets to be alot of money in dues if you are
only joining so you can manage a ride.