ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Hi, I'm back and need advice

Re: Hi, I'm back and need advice

David Bennett (benamil@juno.com)
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 21:32:51 EDT

Hi Lynette -
You just missed some discussion about the Big Horn endurance saddles.
They are a good choice for a lot of horses and can be bought for only a
little more than the $350 that the lady wants for her barrel saddles.
Sportack, among others, sells them and has a site that can be accessed
through endurance.net. Then I would add one of the several varieties of
wide-tread stirrups.

Also, I suggest trying a crupper and breastcollar, if you are not already
using them to help keep the saddle in proper position. That will help
minimize the loin rubbing problem.

Good luck on your ride!

Dave Bennett
Ben Amil - "I'm GLAD to only do 50's!"
Rocketeer - "Whaddaya mean, Get ready for the long haul???"
Chickamauga, Georgia
email: benamil@juno.com