ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Slant Loads

Re: Slant Loads

Zebella (zebella@idt.net)
Tue, 26 Aug 1997 12:56:53 -0700

Connie Hoge wrote:
> the ditch. Both horses thrown to the tie-side of the trailer. One died with
> a broken neck. Said he would not own one without having a chest bar
> installed!

In my opinion, there are more than enough things to worry about without
wasting sleep over this.

Same thing could have happened in a plain stock trailer too, had the
horse been tied sideways or loose right?

We all have heard of horses climbing into the mangers of a 2 horse
straight load and getting hurt, also had a friend with a 2 hs, no manger
(just a chest bar) whose horse climbed over the top of it, and did
enough damage to be put down.

I think you just have to accept that trailering horses is a possibly
dangerous event and live with it. Stuffing 1000 lb animals into tin
cans is pretty crazy at any time when you think about it......

tracy