ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Ride results/ Germany

Re: Ride results/ Germany

Frank Mechelhoff (fmechelh@c-s-k.de)
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 12:16:25 +0200

--------------981779F6443F9D79EDBAC76D

Terry Woolley Howe wrote:

> As a ride manager, I am curious as to how much you charge riders to
> participate in your ride and what some of your costs are. How many
> vets you
> need and what they charge? If you are putting up tents and so forth,
> it
> would seem that you have a lot of costs and with only 30 riders, it
> would
> seem difficult to generate enough money to pay for everything.

I have attached a accounting list. I try not to loose too much money,
just keep it under control. On the other hand, I can afford to spend
something, because nobody ask questions. I dont want to earn money with
it. All my friends help me and they do it for free. I'am not able to pay
commuting expenses to them. I see it as a big party where I can invite
all my friends and have a nice time, so I don't look for money. It's the
sport I love and the most important action to it I can achieve. You know
there are a lot of people here in Germany who only talk about this sport
and produce some bull..., but there are only two important things to do,
1) is to offer nice rides and 2) is riding. All the other guys should
keep their mouth shut.
[ Don't misunderstand me, this addresses nobody on this list!]
So when riders tell my it's the best course they ever rode on or the
best event they ever take part thats more important for me than any
money in the world.

> What does a
> ride entry there provide for the rider (dinner, completion award,
> etc.)

Fee: 80 DM 80 km; 100 DM 100km. Each crew member 15 DM for food. Rider
for free. Beverage at low-cost.

> Do
> you have to pay a fee when you use government land?

Nope (luckily). Just get the permission. Also from forrest bureaus etc.

> Is there a charge for
> your basecamp? etc.

A small one for pasture. You can get it back if you cleanup your
paddock.

> Actually, I would be interested to hear from ride managers in all
> parts of
> the world as to what the entry fees are and so forth, and what the
> rider
> gets for that. Whether the rides are supported with donations from
> local
> businesses, etc.

...would be nice, but I don't have the time to take care of. Maybe next
year.

cheers
FRANK

COSTS REVENUE