ridecamp@endurance.net: Extra Thank you

Extra Thank you

AliFarr@aol.com
Sat, 14 Jun 1997 16:41:51 -0400 (EDT)

>Terry Wooley Howe wrote:
> One of the first rules of endurance riding is to never use equipment in
>a ride that you have not tried out ahead of time. I'm sure Becky would not
>have allowed Katie to use the saddle without a breast collar if she had
>known it did not fit her horse properly and would slip back onto the horse's
>flank.

Ummmm. Glad Terry didn't see me frantically shortening my brand new
breastcollar Friday nite before the ride. Am I the only one that buys "COB"
size tack to find that the cob it fits must be 16.2 and 1100 lbs.? 'Course
the same horse wearing the breastcollar is also the one still wearing a
"Pony" size bridle at age 4. Is there a tack store out there that sells
traditional English tack in "Arab" size?

> There were several people who stopped. (Stuff Cut) Cherie
>Dhaliwal rode back down to where the photographer was to get help that way.

Cherie was also the "Guardian Angel" that got our horses across all the water
crossings. For someone entered in the ride, she did double duty all day
long!
I can't say enough how wonderful all the riders were on our first ride, but
Cherie deserves extra kudos!

Alison Farrin