ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: correct response?

Re: correct response?

Lucy Chaplin Trumbull (elsie@calweb.com)
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 12:58:38 -0700

Jan Snyder wrote:
> How about a paint gun? Harmless, annoying, unmistakeable.
> Aim to cover up their race number and enjoy their attempt
> to explain it at the next check. :-)

Oooh, now that one I like.

A variation on the theme, but requires you to hunt their vehicle
down afterwards, but before they get back -

Get some *really* sticky labels made saying:

"I must not be rude to people on the trail"
"I must not be rude to people on the trail"
"I must not be rude to people on the trail"
"I must not be rude to people on the trail"
"I must not be rude to people on the trail"...

and stick it to their windscreen in front of the driver's seat.
They then have to spend a long period of time peeling the sticker
off little by little, then poking at the glue residue.

Trouble is, you'd probably end up sticking it to the wrong person's
windscreen...

[we used to do this where I used to work. We had a really small
company car park. There were lots of signs up saying "private,
no parking", and we'd still see people sneak in to park their
cars to go shopping (the town was notorious for lack of parking).
As soon as they'd got out of their cars and left, we'd go out
and stick a sticker on.]

--
Lucy Chaplin Trumbull - elsie@calweb.com
Displaced English person in Sacramento, CA

http://www.calweb.com/~elsie http://www.calweb.com/~trouble **************************************************************