ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: LD RACES???

Re: LD RACES???

RUN4BEAR@aol.com
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 23:54:33 -0400 (EDT)

<< RUN4BEAR@aol.com wrote:

> Now, we have 25 mile RACES??? Hey, don't tell me AERC says they are NOT
> races, cause everybody (well many) treats them as such.
>
> I say, keep LD, but put a minimum time for completion...say 4 hours
> (dependant on terrain? or is that asking too much?). It is a RARE
horse/rider
> who is not ready for 50 but IS ready for 8 to 10 mph.

A nice approach for the 25 at a recent ride (Tule Blues) was to take
completion time as the time at which pulse criteria was met at the end
of the ride.

Nice approach? THAT is AERC rules!!! You can almost take a good arab out of
a pasture, run him 25 miles and get your pulse down real quick, too. Takes
no brains to do that....

When I ran rides, I gave "completion only" to LDers....a blue ribbon with the
slogan "To Finish is to Win" on them. Everybody got one...and NOTHIN else.

teddy