ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: conditioning and work and family etc

Re: conditioning and work and family etc

Becky Hackworth (bechack@flash.net)
Wed, 14 May 1997 22:35:16 -0700

>Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 22:13:58 -0700
>To: CTRR@aol.com
>From: Becky Hackworth <bechack@flash.net>
>Subject: Re: conditioning and work and family etc
>
>I'm not sure. One way is to get the kids to ride with you!!!! Some of
mine ride. Some don't. I have 5 kids, age 16 to 6. They all are into
sports, etc. I work full time, but at least it is 3 12hour days, leaving me
4 days a week off. I ride when I can. I will be attempting our 2nd 50 this
weekend with my 10 year old daughter.

>We have done well with LD rides for 2 1/2 years. We have to trailer out to
ride at all. Well at least the horses trailer well!!! All of our new
horses trailer well within 2 weeks because of it.

>We do have good trails when we get there. We try to make it quality since
quantity is sadly lacking. It just isn't going to happen in my lifetime,
unless I hit the lottery, and then I can hire someone else to do the 25+
loads of laundry/week :->

>Hope this brightens your day, maybe not. But you are not alone. I think
just keep your goals in perspective given your limited resources(time).
Finish consistently! And the horse will be in better shape than you will
and easier to keep that way!