ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: The AERC weight classes

Re: The AERC weight classes

Luke Steele (luke.steele@fujitsu.com.au)
Fri, 02 May 1997 12:19:39 +1000

Hi all,
At 07:57 1/05/97 -0500, Tina wrote:

>yes :-)) all tack and associated stuff minus water...but does it also
>include fanny packs, etc that you carry on your body instead of the saddle???
>
>do rides in other regions weigh frequently? I've only ever been weighed if I
>top tenned (so that's twice <g>) and at the OD where they weighed everyone
>at vet in......

You have it good in NA! In Oz we normally weigh in pre-ride and after
*every* leg.
The criterion is that we must make the minimum weight. Tack is optional if
the minimum weight for the section is achieved. One rider I know makes
heavyweight without tack, we take his word for it. He breaks normal scales
if he stands on them! He enjoys his endurance riding and is seen at lots of
rides here.

Question: What equipment is normally used to weigh riders?
Occasionally I see electronic livestock scales used, but normally, various
personal bathroom scales are used. Their durability and accuracy are often
questionable.

Luke