ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Saddle fitting in San Diego area?

Re: Saddle fitting in San Diego area?

Niccolai Murphy (hlurphy@socal.wanet.com)
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 10:35:08 -0700

L Eisele wrote:

> Teenagers and saddling problems...both will give you grey hairs.
> Well, I'm going to keep trying to find out the cuase. My vet says it is
> not bad but it bugs me that he does flatten with pressure. He does not
> squat his legs but this tenderness never seems to go away, even when
> he's gone a long time without riding. If you find out anything, Nicco,
> let me know. Thanks. Linda

You might want to check something, maybe a particularly knowledgable
vet. Again I'm no expert but understand that chronic problems with the
back where you describe are often the result of a hock or stifle
problem. Oddly enough the hock or stifle themsleves are not sore,
something to do with adopting a compensating posture to relieve the legs
which hurts the back. Sort of like us not bending at the knees to pick
stuff up. How you fix such a problem is well beyond my scope of
knowledge.

--
Nicco Murphy, San Diego County 'Open the bay door, please, Hal'