ridecamp@endurance.net: Trail Saddles

Trail Saddles

Laney Humphrey (laneyh@mbay.net)
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 06:08:33 -0800

Celenia - My book, "Choosing a saddle for endurance and long distance
riding," talks about the virtues and vices of all 3 types of saddles: panel,
sidebar and skirted. It includes a questionaire designed to help the
rider/saddle buyer identify the type of saddle that best meets the needs of
both the horse and rider. It takes into account the type of riding (i.e.
endurance, pleasure trail riding or whatever) as well as such factors as
budget and rider confidence level.
In my absolutely unbiased opinion (ha!), this book is packed with
useful information and gives the saddle buyer a huge head start on the
saddle buying process, especially considering its modest price!
Happy trails,
Laney
(The book is available, prepaid, from Filaree Press, PO Box 1361, Carmel
Valley CA 93924 for $10, postage, handling & tax included.)