ridecamp@endurance.net: RE: De-Spooking(?) Clinic

RE: De-Spooking(?) Clinic

Jennifer Heim (JHEIM@gunder.com)
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 07:18:00 -0800

For a GREAT despooking clinic (and you get to learn it yourselves, not
just watch a trainer work your horse), contact John Bozanich (maker of
the Boz saddle and one HELL of a horseman) in Springville, California.
He has a patented "desensitizer" (there was a couple articles about him
and this desensitizer in EN a couple years back) that works wonderfully.
John is one of the last three accredited Monte Foreman instructors still
teaching people (and I've been to the other two - save your money).

I had (read, HAD) a completely crazed, reactionary and terrifically
phobic arab colt that I sent to John for desensitizing. I watched the
video of it - that horse was nuts when John first started working with
him. Within half-hour, he had tarps on him, sacks of cans hanging off
his belly, and the colt was following John around like a puppy; head
down, mouth chewing. The test - when the colt got stuck in a buried wire
fence at my place - he sighed, waited and hollered for someone to go free
him. If I hadn't sent him to John he would have ripped his legs off.

Now this crazed colt is kicking butt against QH and Paints in open shows
for western pleasure and reining. QH people point their finger and
snicker at the "A-rab" in their midsts, but when he wins each and every
class (!!!!), the snickers turn to open mouths of surprise.

THANK YOU JOHN BOZANICH!!!

Jen & the Sunman