ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Washoe 100

Re: Washoe 100

DreamWeaver (karen@chaton.gardnerville.nv.us)
Fri, 07 Mar 1997 10:49:41 -0800

At 07:59 AM 3/7/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Can any one give me a trail description of the Washoe 100. IE: Is it
>anything like the Virginia City 100 terrain?

Hi Jessica: I've ridden in that area a lot (it's 25 min. from my house).
It is better footing than the VC ride. There is some sand, roads with great
footing, a few rocky sections, and up on top probably some snow and/or mud.
I always enjoy riding over there, the hillwork is challenging and the views
are wonderful.

>How about for a first time 100? (or should I say another attempt at a 100)

I am going to be doing this ride (knock on wood) as my first one day 100
this year...come on out and we can try it together...I'm going to complete
and will be taking my time. I hope to get out there beforehand and preride
some of it so I will be familiar at least with the last part. I've ridden
this ride the last couple of years - this will be my first time doing the
100 though.

The weather can vary greatly. Last year it was beautiful. Be prepared with
blankets, rain gear and cold weather stuff.

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville