ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Some quick questions

Re: Some quick questions

Larry Suddjian (wstf@foothill.net)
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 22:48:43 -0800

Andrea Waistell wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Please could somebody answer these questions.
>
> 1) What year did the Tevis start?

The Ride was started in 1955 by Wendell Robie and four (4) other men.

> 2) Has it always been 100 miles in one day?

The Ride was originally a three day Trail Ride but ever since the first
100 Miles One Day Ride in 1955 it has been "100 Miles One Day" Ride.

> 3) What time of year is it run, does it change?

The Ride is always on the first full of the riding moon (the Comanche
Moon) after the summer solstice. THe date depends on the full moon. In
1997 the Ride is July 19, 1997. Next year the Ride will be August 8.
See our Web Page at http://www.foothill.net/tevis for future dates thru
2011.

> 4) What year did the Quinty (sorry if wrong spelling) start in Austrialia?
>
> 5) Has it always been 100 miles in one day?
>
> 6) How often does it change venue?
>
> 7)What time of year is it run, does it change?
>
> 8) When did the ROC start?
>
> 9) Are there any other MAJOR rides in Austrialia?
>
> Cheers
> Andrea Waistell
> Research Services Unit ~~ **
> University of Newcastle Upon Tyne ~~}_ _ ~~ /\]
> 1 Park Terrace ~~ ( )___ )
> Newcastle Upon Tyne ~~ || ||
> Tel: 0191 222 8846 |\ ||
> Fax: 0191 222 5219 ** **

The data submitted for the Western States Trail Ride ~ "The Tevis Cup
100 Miles One Day Ride" was sent in by Larry Suddjian, Ride Director.

Thanks for the questions. Perhaps you can check our web page at
http://www.foothill.net/tevis

See you at the AERC Convention in Reno this weekend.

Larry Suddjian, Ride Director
WESTERN STATES TRAIL FOUNDATION
http://www.foothill.net/tevis