ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: green brass

Re: green brass

Susan F. Evans (suendavid@worldnet.att.net)
Wed, 05 Feb 1997 19:34:14 -0800

MS LOUISE D BURTON wrote:

> From: XXDU78A@prodigy.com (MS LOUISE D BURTON)
> Subject: green brass
>
> Can someone help in suggesting a way to get all the green and yuk off the
> brass hardware on my biothane bridles? They look a mess. Thanks!
> Want to be careful not to corrode the plastic biothane.
> Louise Burton
> OK

Boy, have I got the answer (or at least A answer) for you. I had the
same problem on ten-year-old biothane that looked gross. During the
latest rainstorm, I got out the Dremel (sort of a lightweight handheld
drill, handy for billions of things) and used the polishing wheel
attachment on the buckles and rings with a bit of silver polish---it
shined up GREAT!!! Also took alot less time and got better results than
trying to scrub all that gunk off by hand.

Just don't use too much silver polish, cuz I found out as soon as you
turn on the Dremel, it flings it all over the walls (VBG)!!

Good luck!

Susan