ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Elevator 25 to 50

Re: Elevator 25 to 50

garyfend@pacbell.net
Thu, 06 Feb 1997 10:22:34 -0900

Stasia Hurley wrote:

> Elevator 25 to 50
> I would love it if the rides in the northern CA area offered the option of moving
> up to 50 miles if the horse was going well. It would be especially useful to
> people that have never done a fifty - like me. Is there any reason why elevator
> rides are not popular, ie are they are harder to manage?
>

> How 'bout it for the Wine Country, Camp Far West etc.Stasia,

It would be logistically impossible at the Oakland Hills ride.

What a few people do, though, is sign up for the 50, and after 29 miles you're back at camp and if you want to
continue you can, or you can call it a day. It costs a few bucks more and you don't get an award if you pull,
but its just for fun anyway.:)

I know a lot of people who have gone to rides where there is only a 50 and PLAN to just do 25.

Gary