Re: typing was Re: HYPP?, long pasterns, gelding rebates

Phil Woods (prw@okway.okstate.edu)
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 14:37:11 -0800

Tommy,

Oh gosh, this is confusing! You are trying to suggest that only the
dams genetics were to blame for the single breeding CID incident.
Sadly that cannot be the whole truth; CID is an autosomal recessive
condition that requires both dam and sire to contribute to produce a
CID-affected foal. Sadly the incident to which you refer suggests that
both dam and sire were carriers, or that the offspring were affected
by something else other than CID.

Phil Woods.

ps, try Coke, its not as hard on the keyboard.
Subject: typing was Re: HYPP?, long pasterns, gelding rebates
Author: Tommy Crockett <tomydore@goblin.punk.net> at SMTP
Date: 1/28/97 1:05 PM

On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Tommy Crockett wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Robbi Pruitt wrote:
> want to take me to take I'd love to do it in e-mail rather then burden the
> listserver with further possible persoal differences. :)
^^^^^^^
This keyboard suffers from the Pepsi syndrome. It's in our studio and
suffers from 5 or 6 sticking keys...

FYI, I tried to help find homes for about 15-20 Nabbor-McCoy mares and a
couple of geldings a few years ago. You might remember the constant
postings on USENET. Many ended up going to the killers anyway. Some were
placed by a equine relocation group who's name escapes me at present in
LA county. The problem wasn't rumor. It was act and traceable to a single
breeding. Sad. Again CID didn't come from the top side in that incident.

Tommy Crockett <tomydore@goblin.punk.net>
Los Osos, California 93402-2715
"it won't matter what you're saying when
the damage has all been done"
Mary Chapin Carpenter