Re: Natural Glo - calcium/phosphorous

Duncan Fletcher (dfletche@gte.net)
Thu, 09 Jan 1997 20:03:51 -0800

This raises an interesting question. Are there any studies of mineral contents
in hay based on regional soil types? Which ones are variable? Selenium I was aware of.
You indicate magnesium. Any others? Do grains have the same variability?

My understanding is that the jury is still out on enterolith formation. But since
magnesium and ammonia are both constituents of the stones, I would stay clear of high
magnesium and high protein (ammonia is a breakdown product of protein) feed.

Duncan Fletcher
dfletche@gte.net