Re: Equine Insurance

C.M.Newell (reshan@deyr.ultranet.com)
Sun, 08 Dec 1996 18:03:35 -0500

At 01:55 PM 12/8/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Boy, I am sympathize with seeing yoour horse suffer and the insurance company
>not lettting you put him down. That is a blasphemy!!! I think it is cause
>to suit!!! But, I do know that these damn insurance companies seem to
>control everything.

While I don't know the particulars of this situation, I suspect the
actuality is not that the insurance company will not allow euthanasia, but
that they will not pay off if the horse is euthanized. Still sucks, but not
quite the same thing.

If the owners would/could sacrifce the payoff, the suffering of the
horse would end. I have, unfortunately seen this scenario before.
--C.M.Newell, DVM