sorry Tom! Rice bran

Gwen Dluehosh (dluehosh@vt.edu)
Mon, 25 Nov 1996 23:36:57 +0500

>Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 23:35:59 +0500
>To: Tivers@aol.com
>From: Gwen Dluehosh <dluehosh@vt.edu>
>Subject: Re: bran mashes
>
>I looked at the rice bran labels on my SS stuff, but didn't see anything
out of the ordinary on it- My horses got shiny and put on a little weight
becauseof it, and since they get pastuer I didnt' worry about it. I be
willing to ask again and see if the calcium phos was ok, but it probably was
adjusted since this was a processed rice bran (it smells wonderful btw)
>I guess I was always under the impression that wheat was bad for horses,
but then in France they always feed their horses the ends of the baguettes,
so I don't know.
>???
>Gwen
>At 08:36 PM 11/25/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>In a message dated 96-11-25 16:18:51 EST, you write:
>>
>><< I had asked this before and never got a reply but since we are on the
>>topic
>> of mashes I thought I' try again. If wheat bran effects calcium
>> absorption does rice bran also have the same effect. Would rice bran be
>> better as far calcium is concerned? How are these two brans different?
>>
>> Here's lookin back atya.......()()
>> Linda Eisele & Sareei and ('')\ >>
>>
>>Don't know. anyboduy?
>>
>>ti