Re: First Ride Completion

Deanne Del Vecchio (delvecchio@geocities.com)
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 16:09:06 -0800

Linda Eisele wrote:

> let him move out and didn't fight with him till the edge was off, 5-7 miles
> then he settled down.

I've wondered what is better to do--fight with the horse at the beginning of
a ride to try to keep some control or to let him run like a fool until he
calms down (don't know if my guy will actually calm down before he runs
himself to death...never really wanted to test that one.)

What do most of you generally do?

I prefer to start after the crowd, but I've been on rides where you have to
start with everyone...

--
Deanne Del Vecchio & Gabe
Living and Loving in Lake Tahoe           \