Re: crewing & stuff to take along

Allen Xrealname Linda Eisele (linda@ghostridr.reno.nv.us)
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 16:24:34 -0700 (PDT)

At 03:30 PM 10/22/96 -0500, Alice Steinke wrote:
>>Forest money is nice to have along. My
>

>What is forest money? Is this slang for something?
>
>The advice is great. I will save the message in my endurance box. Thanks
>for the help. There's a lot of stuff I've never thought of. I can tell this
>is going to be more complicated than I thought.
>
>I have always carried a squirt bottle to douse the horses, but on rides with
>friends they always tell me I shouldn't be wasting my water on the horse.
>I've pretty much ignored them. I know alot of people carry large sponges on
>a rope for dipping streams. Is this pretty much common practice?

Alice, FOREST MONEY is TP for those moments in the bushes. Also keeping
water on our horse during a ride is probably one of the most important
things we can do for them to prevent dehydration and loss of the
electrolytes (salts) that follow in the sweat. Carrying water bottles and
sponge are a must as well our horses will drink the water from the bottle
when we squirt it into their mouths. By squirting water on our horses, they
will stay cooler and use less of their fluids in the form of sweat for cooling.
Here's lookin back atya.......()()
Linda Eisele & Sareei and ('')\
hubby, Allen and the General (* *)\\_______~~~~~~
linda@ghostridr.reno.nv.us ( )