crewing & stuff to take along

Allen Xrealname Linda Eisele (linda@ghostridr.reno.nv.us)
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 12:40:57 -0700 (PDT)

At 11:18 AM 10/21/96 -0500, Alice Steinke wrote:
> Seriously, the best way to make your rides
>>as close to fantasy as you can is to organize, organize, organize. You
>>can't be prepared enough.
>
>What types of things should you take out with you on a trail? Do you take
>snacks, soda, water, what? When you stop at vet checks, do they already
>have water there for you and your horse?
>
>I guess I need to read some good books on the subject. Suggestions please.
>
>alice
Crewing for yourself can be easily done and many here in our area do it. You
must be prepared. Before you go out first thing in the am have your hay set
up your mush mix all in the buckets ready to add water, etectrolytes handy,
water poured, everything within easy reach and not digging aroung the back
of the truck for it. Cooler out blanket or rump rub hanging out to grab.
Have extra bottles already filled with water to switch with the empty ones,
etc. so when you come in all you need to do is add water to your mix so
forth. Have a system or routine that you follow each ride so it becomes
automatic...I learned this after running around like a chicken with it's
head cut off until I met a person who has taken me under her wing, that
crewed for the world championship riders and boy have I learned a few things
and still am. I always carry some food, energy bars nuts, etc. Two
bottles of drinks for myself as well as bottles for wetting my horse.
Ofcourse my emergency kit which includes flashlight, pick, knife, extra
slicker, first aid, vet wrap, sunscreen, emergency blanket, tylenol, easy
boot, laminated ID with my name, medical conditions, phone and address,
should I get seperated from my horse. Forest money is nice to have along. My
lipstick (optional) handyman tool device is great! Just to give you an
idea. My husband and I left a vet check
not a cloud in the sky and an hour later caught in a hailstorm with icy cold
winds...soaked to the skin and never been colder, I now carry all I need and
defy nature to rty this again. Linda
Here's lookin back atya.......()()
Linda Eisele & Sareei and ('')\
hubby, Allen and the General (* *)\\_______~~~~~~