Subject: Riding Rained On Horse Harmful To Horse???
Author: ridecamp@endurance.net at smtp
Date: 10/18/96 11:55 PM

Today at work a few coworkers got into a discussion about whether it
would be harmful to ride the horse who's been out in the rain and has
a wet back. One person said it would sore the horse's back; don't do it.
The other said he'd just brush him off to get rid of excess moisture and
go riding as usual. It got me wondering about long distance riders who
*must* end up out in the rain at some rides..... so does putting saddle
and pad on a wet horse cause any problems or rubbing or anything? I can't
say as I've ever ridden a horse that STARTED OUT wet.
Celenia
wencel@foothill.net