Re: Riding Rained On Horse Harmful To Horse???

Alice Steinke (alicest@hcc-uky.campus.mci.net)
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 14:00:50 -0500

I never hose a horse unless it's no cooler than what they would have to
endure outside int he rain. Which for me is around 40 b/c usually mine or
in if it's cooler than that. I guess my thinking is that if it's that cool
then the horse should not be that hot. I could be wrong.
alice

At 08:34 AM 10/21/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Alice,
>
>Great reply! I often see endurance riders hosing their whols horses off and
>then see the horses standing shivering or cramping even on a hot a day.
>Coming from the english show world I have to say that i only wash the horses
>if it is very warm out and I NEVER put water on the but and infrequently on
>the whole torso. I think each person has preference and each horse can
>tolerate diffeent levels of cold water....
>
>Good luck.
>
>Jessica
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>JESSICA TUTEUR
>J BAR M RANCH
>NAPA VALLEY, CA
>(707) 258-1937
>
>TO LIVE IS TO RIDE AND TO RIDE IS TO LIVE!
>
>Check out HORSE BUMS @: www.inpetho.net/sofort-billiger/html/int/horsebums.html

Alice and Shawn Steinke and Willie (for BP)in
Kentucky (Also Lacie, the honorary dachs, Sandy
the cocker and Turbo{get the Kittie}
Kittie, Willie's personal secretary)
Stand aside you other candidates.
GET A NEW LEASH ON LIFE--WIN WITH ROMMEL AND WILLIE
Chester and Hannah, the wonderful warmbloods