Re: Sickle Hocks

Alice Steinke (alicest@hcc-uky.campus.mci.net)
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 14:57:54 -0500

Most of the really good walkers I know are at least slight sickle hocked. I
think it helps them get under themselves better and gives them a bigger stride.
Alice
At 05:18 PM 10/14/96 -0700, you wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Oct 1996, Gwen Dluehosh wrote:
>
>> quite distinctive, and that you CAN see from a 3/4 view. when they trot. I
>> don't like having it, but that said, there are degrees of it, and a very
>> slight sickle may be considered desirable by some.
>
>Some people call sickle hocks, "standing under," and some people like their
>horses to stand under a little as it is easier for them to engage and,
>they are less prone to the arthritis that straight hocks are. There are
>indeed degrees of it.
>
>I guess I am one of those people who considers a slight sickle to be
>desirable, expecially in a performance horse.
>

>kat
>Orange County, Calif.

Alice and Shawn Steinke and Willie (for BP)in
Kentucky (Also Lacie, the honorary dachs, Sandy
the cocker and Turbo{get the Kittie}
Kittie, Willie's personal secretary)
Stand aside you other candidates.
GET A NEW LEASH ON LIFE--WIN WITH ROMMEL AND WILLIE
Chester and Hannah, the wonderful warmbloods