Sickle Hocks

K S Swigart (katswig@deltanet.com)
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 17:18:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 14 Oct 1996, Gwen Dluehosh wrote:

> quite distinctive, and that you CAN see from a 3/4 view. when they trot. I
> don't like having it, but that said, there are degrees of it, and a very
> slight sickle may be considered desirable by some.

Some people call sickle hocks, "standing under," and some people like their
horses to stand under a little as it is easier for them to engage and,
they are less prone to the arthritis that straight hocks are. There are
indeed degrees of it.

I guess I am one of those people who considers a slight sickle to be
desirable, expecially in a performance horse.

kat
Orange County, Calif.