ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Akhal Teke in the USA/Import

Re: [endurance] Akhal Teke in the USA/Import

Nat & Richard (trailride@foothill.net)
Mon, 22 Jul 1996 19:27:59 -0700

AkhalTeke@aol.com wrote:

> Anyone interested in buying/importing an Akhal Teke for a fixed-ahead price
> can contact <akhalteke@aol.com>.
> ...Choice will
> begin from riding animal for endurance purposes (circa 1.000-4.000$$ selling
> price before transport) up to superior breeding animals (8.000-15.000$$),
> ...This transport will be organized by a non-profit
> association, thus no intermediary fees, kickbacks or commission money...

A few *preliminary* questions...
How old are these horses? Which non-profit will be handling the shipment? Who is
akhalteke@aol.com and what is their stake in this bargain? Have you or the
non-profit ever done this before? Who will be acting as the escrow agent? What will
be the port of entry? Who will be responsible for clearing the horses through
customs and agriculture quarantine?

Anyone else on the list who has real-world questions about this offer, please jump
in here. I don't wish to sound negative or beligerent, but I think anyone with an
ounce of sense should approach such an offer with great care.

That being said, I would like to learn more. Please send brochure and/or sample
agreement to,

Natalie's Barn & Breakfast
19520 Placer Hills Rd.
Colfax, CA 95713.

--
 _    ,--/   trailride@foothill.net is the address of
<_ __/ /\|   Natalie's "Barn & Breakfast" in Weimar, CA.