ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Egyptian Arabs

Re: [endurance] Egyptian Arabs

lee clark (laclark@unm.edu)
Fri, 28 Jun 1996 12:41:46 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 28 Jun 1996 Satori3@aol.com wrote:

> She threw up her eyes and said, "I'd never have an Egyptian. Beautiful,
> classic head, but haven't seen one yet that is level-headed. And I've never
> talked with a trainer who has anything good to say about the temperament of
> an Egyptian."
>
> Anyway, romanticism aside, and American practicality to the forefront, if
> anyone with experience in Egyptian Arabs wants to support or object to my
> stable owner's opinion regarding the Egyptian temperament, I'd be very
> appreciative of hearing your opinion.

I have an egyptian arabian that is very smart and level headed, almost
never shies, competes in competitive trail w/o prancing, listens to me at
the obstacles, and is willing to try new things. He's also a bit grumpy,
but hey, nobody's perfect. I attribute his grumpiness to getting his way
as a stallion (I bought and gelded him at 7) and my being too much of a
softee to be stern enough with him. He is much more level headed than
the Polish arab I had before him, and Polish arabs theoretically are
supposed to be calm. So I think each individual is different.

Lee Clark
New Mexico