ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] endurance round the world

Re: [endurance] endurance round the world

Brenda Miskimmin (bmiskimm@env.gov.ab.ca)
Thu, 19 Oct 1995 08:38:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 18 Oct 95 09:36:40 -0700 Sue Cunningham
<sue.cunningham@mcc.ac.uk> wrote:
>I've been asked to write a poster about endurance riding round the world
>for the British Equine Event. If anyone can give me the following info
>about their country (or any other) I'd be grateful:
>
>who is the governing body?
>what are the major rides?

In Canada the governing body is CaLDRA (Canadian Long Distance Riding
Association), head of both endurance and competitive trail riding. There
is no national endurance championship, so our biggest endurance ride is
the North American Championships held every 2 years, which is in
Canada at alternate times. Competitive Trail does have national
championships (probably because there is no N.A. champ ride), held
every 2 years, alternating between eastern and western Canada.
I think the reason there is no national endurance championship is
because the country is so huge, and there are relatively few endurance
riders here compared to the US. We are split into Canada East and West
teams for the NA champs.

Hope this helps. Brenda
Edmonton AB