ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] neoprene girths - the decision

Re: [endurance] neoprene girths - the decision

rsantana@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu
Wed, 13 Sep 95 13:58:59 +0900

Ellen,
After girthing up your horse you could try pulling a front leg forward to get the
wrinkles out of the elbow area. Do this on each front leg. I learned this from an old
timer and it seems to work for us.

//--- forwarded letter -------------------------------------------------------
> Date: Wed, 13 Sep 95 12:22:04 -0600
> From: "Rider" <rider@hpbs4669.boi.hp.com>
> To: endurance@moscow.com
> Subject: [endurance] neoprene girths - the decision

> Wow! Thanks so much for all your comments. Everyone has had positive experiences
> with neoprene girths. So, since that is the only girth I can find to
> work with my saddle, I will order one. BTW, I am a fanatic about cleanliness
> and always hose off the saddle pad and girth after every ride. I think it
> goes a long way toward preventing sores. I have also noticed that the
> Aussie stock saddle that I have cinches further back than my western
> all purpose saddle which also helps prevents sores behind the elbows. One
> of my horses will develop sores behind the elbows if I use a fluffy cinch
> instead of a string cinch with my western saddle.
> Thanks for all the comments.
> --
> - Ellen
> rider@hpbs4669.boi.hp.com