ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] [JmForbes@aol.com: gaited horses?]

[endurance] [JmForbes@aol.com: gaited horses?]

Stephanie Teeter (step@sunfish.fsr.com)
Mon, 11 Sep 1995 20:10:09 -0700

From: JmForbes@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 22:49:04 -0400
To: step@sunfish.fsr.com
Subject: gaited horses?

---------------------------------------
(I *know* that there are some folks out there with gaited horses that
can respond to Katie!
Steph)

I've heard that Arabian horses are the most widely used breed for endurance
riding. How do the gaited breeds such as the Kentucky Mountain Saddle Horse
or the Paso Fino measure up? I've ridden the Kentucky horses and have
covered 20 miles in about 3 hours at a rack or stepping pace with seemingly
not much effort. I wanted to know if you have had any personal experiences
with gaited horses in endurance riding or know anyone who has and what the
results have been.

Thanks for any insight on this matter,
Katie Peterson