ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Horse takes a breather

Re: Horse takes a breather

Linda Cowles @ PCB x5624 (lindac@wv.MENTORG.COM)
Thu, 1 Jun 95 08:03:03 -0700

On May 31, 11:17pm, Niccolai Murphy wrote:
> Subject: Horse takes a breather

> The mare seemed to be doing fairly well and had plenty in her when suddenly
> legs went rubbery and she just flopped herself down on her belly. She showed
> none of the typical signs of physical distress, she just appeared to be
taking
> a breather. After about two minutes she got up again and I walked her a
little
> way along the trail but she seemed eager to move on and I was slowing her
down
> since my footing wasn't as sure as her's, so I hopped on and she took us hope
> without further pause at her usual fast walk. (there seemed nothing else to
do
> since we were miles away from the nearest road.)

> Evolutioneers BBS 619 679 1158 & 619 679 9327
> Internet: niccolai.murphy@e-mall.org (Niccolai Murphy)
>-- End of excerpt from Niccolai Murphy

Hi -

I have a friend that has a mare that did this. Just walked into the
grass and dropped! After a short rest, she was fresh and ready to go
again. Her rider walked her back to camp.

They were drag riding, and had the horse checked by vets back at camp and
she was absolutely fine.

I think some horses figure it's just worth a try.

"I'm tired, mind if we stop a while?". ;^)

Linda