Re: another truck question

My husband works for a GMC dealer here in Michigan, and we drive a Ford
diesel.  He tells me they have replaced three of the allison transmissions
on trucks that were hauling heavy loads (a 35 foot tool shed for one, a 5th
wheel and a boat for another).  He feels the fuel economy and the power are
better in the Ford power stroke (which is why we have one).  Anybody out
there work for a Ford garage that could tell us about them?
Laurie