NC qualifying criteria

As a ride manager, let me say that it is very imporetant to at least
break even. The ride I manage is a benefit ride, so noe of the entry
fees make it too my pocket, or to any of the ohter volunteers that help
with the ride.

As I see it, to be fair to the riders, any changes in qualifications
should be made prior to the beginning of the qualification period. That
is what is done in all other sports. What would happen to baseball,
basketball, or football, it the rules were changed halfway through the
season?

I think that the qualifications may have been set too low for a
championship ride. The newer standards are stricter, and that is a good
thing. The timing  is the big factor to which I object. I am finding out
that I am not alone in my opinion. Don't wait until halfway into the
ride year to tell me that my horse and I have to double everything to
qualify. That's basically what happened to the qualifications.

When standards change mid-year, there are probably quite a few riders
who may opt not to go, just because of the confusion. Ride managers must
break even to be willing to continue, and we put up a lot of our own
money "up front" to make sure everything is in place the in time for the
ride. We are all just ordinary folk who enjoy the sport and want to see
it succeed.

Anyway, that is just one woman's opinion. There are two or more sides to
everything. And all sides need to be heard and considered for the end
results to be of real value.
God Bless You All   HAPPY TRAILS TO EACH OF YOU.
Lucie Hancock   who is unable to attend the convention. Maybe next year.