Re: [RC] AERC National Championship ride qualifications

I am new to Ridecamp and not an AERC member YET, however, I would like to
comment on the discussion about removing increased qualifications.  In
general, in any discipline, a higher standard promotes a higher level of
achievement, awareness and appreciation.  The moment you lower your
standards, you lower the sport.  All of us should strive to meet a higher
standard in our lives and in our sport.  If endurance riders begin to
lower their qualification requirements I believe it will only damage the
sport in the long run.  If you don't have to work to achieve a goal, when
you get there it doesn't mean much.  The Olympic participants spend years
working to make it to the top.  If the judging is fair....when they win
the Gold it really is an achievement.  Let's promote endurance riding and
bring our standards up instead of down!
Patricia Finn