Leatherwood Challenge

At the Hallelujah ride this past weekend, I spent a few minutes talking
with Abbie Sanders, the ride manager for Leatherwood.  Suprisingly, she
still has entries available for this year. Southeast riders, you need to
jump in here!

This is a great mountain ride.  It's in one of the prettiest little
"nooks" in the mountains you will ever see. Huge barn (complete with
rafter cat), a tack shop, and an excellent restaurant. In fact, I
probably won't take food this year.  Great breakfast!  Stalls are
available or you can camp alongside a sparkling little creek in the
grassy pasture next door. All the amenities in a mountain setting. Not
exactly roughing it! (I camp...Sunny hates stalls...likes to be "part of
the event" and socialize!) You might even be able to rent a cabin for
the event.

Want to see what it looks like?

Go to:

http://www.eleatherwood.com/

Rumor has it that Duane Barnett is "stealing" Nina's horse for this
ride. Hmmmm...wonder what THAT cost him?

The grapevine also says that Diane has cut off Jerry Fruth's ice cream
this year, so he should be able to help Irene out a little on the hills.
<grin>

Haven't heard from Sarah Engsberg.  Hope she's bringing her horse "Baby
Huey" Passed me in both directions about 20 times at Hallelujah, but she
was going so fast I couldn't ask. :)

If the mountain terrain is a little intimidating for a 50, join the
"social event" and do the 25 if nothing but for the scenery. The view up
above is spectacular.

Vet checks in camp. Last year we crewed out of the parking lot.  Joan
and I will share if someone needs help.

See you there! Email me privately if you want more info on what it was
like last year. (Or Abbie at lwequine@wilkes.net)

Jim, Sun of Dimanche, and Mahada Magic