RE: [RC] Re: Hoof Angles/Pastern Angles(2)

Don't know if there are any studies.  But, if you talk
to a vet, they'll tell you that if it's not parallel,
it is considered separation.  I think if you x-ray any
of your horses, as long as they have a good laminar
connection, you'll find the same thing.  I've never
seen an x-ray (other than a horse with rotation) that
varied from this.  Even if the hoof wall has a 65
degree angle, as long as the laminar connection is
good, the coffin bone will be parallel to it.

Karen

<<<If he coffin bone is ground parallel then
the ventral wall of the hoof must be also parallel to
the ventral wall of the coffin bone.  >>>

What studies have been made to determine the
parallelism of the ventral hoof wall and the ventral
wall of the coffin bone. Can you cite any documents or
statistics? Can you produce a series of Radiographs
substantiating such a postulate?

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID