Re: [RC] Down horse--- now UP horse!

Hi Jeanne
Not so sure he'll be running around the pasture any time real soon---
bad day today. The sling slipped down and had to be repositioned. Now it
is better positioned in front BUT covers his anus--- he has to stand in
order to poop--- I hope he figures that out. When we tried to lower it
from the anus, we lost the support to his hind end. Instead of using the
sling as a balancing aid, he is choosing to dangle from it. So much
inactivity during the last 4 months--- he is simply not using himself
yet and the sling seems top be too big for him (geared probably for a
thoroughbred or warmblood) and VERY hard to adjust. It looked sooo easy
in the video, but now I know why Alamo Pintado rarely uses it--- a
nightmare for us.
We need things we can do to "wake up" his butt. He can bear down on his
back legs when he wants to (and really kick when frustrated) but won't
stand on them yet.
Thanks for any help
Bette
PS Decided to cc ridecamp for any ideas on this predicament. Anyone else
had a horse down for a long time and then in a sling? BTW WE are limited
on the TTouch things I was doing because of all the straps and buckles
etc over his back, body and upper legs. Seems that most of my pressure
points are covered in some way-- can't do the tarantula walk down the
spine very well (which I know is really important) and now I have a hard
time getting to the pressure points near his anus (boy, that would not
sound good to a non-horse/holistic person). Forget the bok springs---
can't reach the abdomen either right now.

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians