conditioning riders

Maggie Mieske mmieske@netonecom.net said:

>...I also keep some hard candy around for emergencies as
>well as sugar tablets for serious crashes.

Are stimulants illegal for *riders* in AERC competitions?

Angie brought this up after the PanAm championships, an
FEI event, but it didn't really get discussed much here.

I've recently been taking a stimulant for a medical reason
and I confess that I once took one extra to stay alert at the
wheel to finish the drive from Tennessee to Massachusetts
in one go.

It was a little disquieting how well it worked...

Linda B. Merims
lbm@naisp.net
Massachusetts, USA