Re: RC: saddles and conformation

>Any thoughts on this-  Are some horses more suited for an English saddle or
>a western saddle based on their conformation?
>
>Dede

My gaited horses have short backs and very laid back shoulder angles, with
a lot of shoulder movement when they gait, and I have found it harder --
but not impossible -- to find a western saddle that fits than I have an
english or endurance style.  The western skirting tends to get in the way
and impinge on the hip and shoulder, especially in a roping style saddle.

Lynn Kinsky     Santa Ynez, CA
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky