Child's saddle

I'm doing the saddle shopping routine -- for my 8 year old daughter.  Right
now she's riding bareback, and loves it.  But I'm thinking that she will
develop confidence faster for trotting and cantering with a saddle.  She
likes being able to feel her horse move under her.

So, I was thinking a treeless saddle (for the close contact).  Anything else
I should look for?  She would fit a 13" to 14" seat now, and for the next
few years.

What choices have some of you made for your kids, and why?

Kris Hazelbaker in Idaho

(P.S. Heidi, she's doing great so far!  They both are!)