An unofficial poll concerning an extra day at the AERC convention

The Board of Directors is interested in getting unofficial
feedback from members on a topic that has been raised a
number of times at our meetings.  Since this form of poll
doesn't reach the members not on-line - we would want more
input in addition to this before making changes.

It's been said that there isn't enough time in the
Friday/Saturday time period to get in all the committee
meetings, trade show, awards, BOD meetings, and especially
seminars that members would like to attend.

The question is

Would you attend an extra day if the convention were
expanded to 3 days?

Yes ___   No ___

If you would attend an extra day - would you prefer it to be

Thursday ____  Sunday ____

Comments: ________________________________________________

The other side of this for members is that there would be
one more night of lodging, one more day of seminar fees, one
more day of meals out, and potentially one more day off work.

Note - we are not trying to provide more flexibility for
members to pick which two days they would attend.  The costs
of putting on the convention go up with the number of days
and having the same number of member days spread over 3 days
rather than two just raises the cost of the convention.
We really want you to indicate whether you want three days
or the present 2 days on Friday/Saturday.

PLEASE RESPOND TO ME DIRECTLY AT mmaul@flash.net

I've tried to set this up so that my reply-to overrides the
list setting but please check it if you do use reply. I will
not be checking the lists for responses and we don't need to
add to the traffic going to the lists.

But certainly discussion on the lists is encouraged.  We are
interested in your feedback.

Mike Maul
AERC Director-at-Large