Re: Clearing trail

> me.  Cool deal. It was just about a 2' long wire with teeth and a little
> handle at each end.  It ripped right through that root. Looked like it
> would be great to carry in your pack.  What do you say vets...is that
> stuff expensive?

Camping supply places will carry wire saws that do the same thing for a buck
or two.  If the vet's wire was part of a fetotome, it was probably more
expensive than a plain wire saw.  Might have just *been* a wire saw in real
life.  I observed a surgery into a kitty's bladder to remove uroliths the
other day and the "surgical tool" used to scoop out all the gravel was a
sterilized teaspoon.  Worked great.

Having a wire saw in a fanny pack sounds like a great idea to me.  If
nothing else, never know when you might get stuck out there one cold night
and want some firewood.

Susan G