Clearing trail

Paddi <trottingby@hotmail.com: > said:

>Now for my wish list I want a cordless reciprocating saw. My girlfriend in
Ontario has one \
>and they look like you could really clear trail with them!!!

I just bought a cordless reciprocating saw for a house renovation project,
but with the idea I might be able to use it for trail clearing as well.
I'll let you know how well it works.  It is a Black & Decker 14.4 volt
"Firestorm" I got on sale for $79 at Sears.  My first impression of it
trying to go through studs is that it is pretty wimpy.  We'll see.

My A#1 tool is my Echo 26cc straight-shaft brush cutter.  It has a split
shaft that can take multiple different tools.  I use the brush cutter
metal blade to razor off stuff on the ground, and the chainsaw-on-a-pole
to get branches.  The chainshaw-on-a-pole in  this particular
configuration is better than pole saws because it is comparatively
short.  The one time I tried a pole saw I discovered it was incredibly
heavy to lift.  This shorter pole will reach as high as 10 feet, but is
much more manageable for a short middle-aged lady.

Linda B. Merims
lbm@naisp.net
Massachusetts, USA